Friday, August 30, 2013

Welcome!


Hello.  I am Katrina Parker Williams, an artist from North Carolina.  I have been drawing and painting since I was a teen.  It wasn't until my adult years that I started painting on a regular basis. 

I have experimented with various mediums: oil, acrylic, watercolor, colored pencil, and pen and ink.  I enjoy painting in acrylic, primarily.  It is a demanding medium as one must paint quickly due to the fast-drying characteristics of acrylic paints.  I also paint in watercolor, which is also demanding.  This medium intrigues me as well as challenges me every time I create a watercolor painting.  

I enjoy painting still life subjects, either from photos or from life, using bold, vibrant colors.  I take my camera with me almost everywhere I go as I can discover wonderful subjects for my still life paintings. 

I find beauty in almost everything I see every day.  With my art, I strive to capture the beauty of those everyday objects. 

Please Note:  The photo images of my original artwork may differ slightly in color or value due to the variations in monitor settings.    

No comments:

Post a Comment