Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Birds in My Backyard

I am excited to share some of my photographs of birds that made my backyard their feeding grounds. 

Of course, I did not take these photos for fun.  They are reference photos for bird paintings I am working on.  I captured as many pictures as I could, some in focus, some not, because of the birds' constant fluttering.  That was probably the hardest part of photographing them.  But I had fun trying.  

Take a look....


IMG_0358
 
IMG_0481

IMG_0632

IMG_0650

IMG_0631     IMG_0633    

  IMG_0445

IMG_0658
    
  IMG_0680  

The next three photos are of a mother and father bird, scampering around to find food to feed their baby bird.  It was interesting watching them peck the grass for worms to feed the seemingly insatiable appetite of the baby bird.


IMG_0678 

Papa Bird searching the grass for food for baby!
 
   IMG_0664 

Mama Bird doing the same!
    



Babies do rule the world!
.






To receive detailed views of my paintings, sign in below (IT'S FREE).  Your email will never be shared.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment