Wednesday, January 1, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge -- Day 1



Today is the kickoff of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  There are 360 artists signed up!  Click on the link Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge to see all of the artists who have chosen to participate in this challenge. 


Here is my first painting for the challenge. Apples are one of my favorite fruits.  I love Granny Smith and Red Delicious primarily.  Each time I eat an apple, I am reminded of the apple tree that stood in the middle of our tobacco field.  While growing up, my father owned a farm, and tobacco was the main crop he grew.  We children had to help with "putting in tobacco."  While trekking down the tobacco row, topping tobacco or priming tobacco leaves, I would often take a quick break to eat one of those tart, delicious apples in the heat of the hot, noonday, summer sun.  So refreshing!  

I miss that tree.  I don't miss working hard on the farm, though.  Although after a long day of working in the fields, my mom would always manage to have a fresh apple pie waiting for us when we finished working.  I wish I had apple trees planted in my backyard today to remind me of those carefree days of my youth.





“Apple So Sweet”
5 1/2  x 5 3/4 inches
 Acrylic on 140 lb. Watercolor Paper



I would love to know what you think about the painting.  Please post your comments in the Comment section below.  

I'll be posting daily, so come back tomorrow to see another one of my paintings!  Also check out my postings on Facebook and Twitter.  Please share with your family and friends.


.

To receive detailed views of my paintings, sign in below (IT'S FREE).  Your email will never be shared.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

6 comments:

  1. Lovely painting! And good luck with your 30 paintings in 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca. I appreciate your stopping by my blog and commenting. Have a great day. Katrina

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done! I love the composition! Good luck and thank you so much for your kind words.
    I too am looking forward to seeing what you do as well! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suzanne. Heading over to take a look at the submissions for today. I am enjoying this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is beautiful, a talent I don't possess, but I like you have been writing since I was a teen. Wonderful story to go a long with your painting, thanks for sharing on Tuesdays With a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Joyce, for your feedback. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete