Friday, January 10, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge -- Day 10

Day 10 of  Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  


Turnips have never been one of my favorite veggies to eat.  Even as a child when my  mother would sneak some turnips into her collards or mustard salad, I could tell something was awry in them.  Those darn turnips.  What was it about them that I didn't like?  That bitter aftertaste the turnips had.  My mom has taught me that there are some little tricks to eliminating that bitterness, and today I can tolerate turnips.  I still don't like them much.

I do like their vibrant colors, though.  Turnips make wonderful subjects for paintings.





 “Purple Turnips #1”
5 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches
 Acrylic on 140 lb. Watercolor Paper



I would love to know what you think about the painting.  Please post your comments in the Comment section below.  

I'll be posting daily, so come back tomorrow to see another one of my paintings!  Also check out my postings on Facebook and Twitter.  Please share with your family and friends.

.




To receive detailed views of my paintings, sign in below (IT'S FREE).  Your email will never be shared.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. I like slices of turnip - raw - but only 1 slice per sitting. They sure are pretty veggies to look at as you say, aren't they? - with their white and purple and their tops can be very luscious looking! I like the focus you chose on this painting. PS Thanks for stopping by my blog. Paint on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcomed. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete