Monday, January 6, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge -- Day 6


Here is my sixth painting for the challenge.  A second blue and white teacup and saucer.  Below are the steps I did to create the painting.


 Step Four -- I darkened the background with mixture of Burnt Sienna and Titanium White.

 The finished painting...



Step Three -- For the background I added a wash of yellow using Cadmium Yellow Hue.



Step Two -- I added color to the teacup and saucer using Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White. 



Step One -- I began with a pencil sketch of the teacup and saucer on 140 lb. watercolor paper.





“Blue and White Teacup #2”
5 3/4  x 5 1/2 inches
 Acrylic on 140 lb. Watercolor Paper



I would love to know what you think about the painting.  Please post your comments in the Comment section below.  

I'll be posting daily, so come back tomorrow to see another one of my paintings!  Also check out my postings on Facebook and Twitter.  Please share with your family and friends.




.

To receive detailed views of my paintings, sign in below (IT'S FREE).  Your email will never be shared.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


4 comments:

  1. HI Katrina, Elipses are difficult, but you do a great job on them! Sharing your process is always something I enjoy - neat to see how other's work! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment! Paint on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellipses are always difficult for me. I think I sketched that shape several times, even turning the paper upside down to see if it looked right. Thanks for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paintings of cups especially tea cups - don't ask me why! Look forward to seeing the rest of your paintings for the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I appreciate the comments.

      Delete